Monday, April 30, 2012

Chandler on the Trayvon Martin Case

    I'm sure all of you who are reading this blog have heard at least something about the Trayvon Martin vs George Zimmerman case and if you haven't wake up and turn on the news because it has been the talk of the United states from the last couple of weeks.

    Many people automatically assume Zimmerman is wrong because the boy was a child minding his own business and they believe it was an act of racism but have they looked at both side of the story? Were they there? Did they find out everything they need to before they could make a assumption on whose right and wrong? I think not.

    Me being a detective/crime writer I put some of myself into my main character Philip Marlowe. Marlowe is someone who gets every bit of detail to solve a case and that is how I feel about this one. Do I think he could have went about it another way other then killing the boy? Well yes but we don't know the whole story. It could have been anything from a misunderstanding to an act of racism and we only know one side since Trayvon is now dead. Could there be things Zimmerman is not telling us to protect himself or he telling nothing but the truth? Personally I think this is something investigators should look more into and only discuss the findings with the families of those involved when you involve the media peoples words getting twisted and things seem a way they are not like in my story "Red Wind" the news paper print facts the next morning that were not entirely true. Everyone is trying to cover someone's but in the media. I believe we as a nation should stay out of it and let investigators, judges and police officers do there job although you are all entitled to your own opinion.


(This blog doesn't contain my personal opinion just the one I believe Raymond Chandler would have)

No comments:

Post a Comment